Larry Jaeger, MD is a well known and highly respected board certified Dermatologist & Surgeon; who is also the Medical Director of Advanced Dermatology Associates in New York. Dr. Larry Jaeger specializes in all aspects of Medical, Cosmetic & Surgical Dermatology. Lawrence (Larry) Jaeger and the Dermatologists at Advanced Dermatology Associates in New York have successfully treated thousands of patients suffering from all types of dermatological or skin medical conditions. For well over 25 years, Dr. Jaeger has provided cost-effective dermatology care for patients particularly those within lower income demographics. Since 1991, Dr. Jaeger has been serving the communities of Manhattan and the Bronx in the multi-center medical treatment centers in the neighborhoods of Third Avenue, Fordham Road, Parkchester & Co-Op City .
In addition to the practice’s Manhattan’s – Central Park South (Columbus Circle) location, Advanced Dermatology Associates has become known as as“one of the largest privately held Dermatology Care network providers” in New York.
Dr. Larry Jaeger, MD is also affliated with Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center as a medical specialist in dermatology.
1. The branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases of the skin, hair, nails, oral cavity and genitals. 2. Sometimes also, cosmetic care and enhancement.
Dermatology is literally the study of the skin.
The success of Advanced Dermatology Associates comes from a constant dedication of Dr. Jaeger and his adherence to a method that consists of treating the underlying root causes of Dermatology (skin and nail) disorders and not just addressing the short-term issues. At Advanced Dermatology Associates, we provide solutions and treatments for everything from severe Acne outbreaks or conditions; Psoriasis to PRP- Hair Loss Rejuvenation and even Melanomas. As of such, Dr. Larry Jaeger, MD has built a proven track record of providing the highest level of client-care throughout Manhattan and The Bronx; and is therefore recognized as one of the leading or Top Dermatologists in New York.
Your skin is your body’s largest organ. It covers and protects your internal organs, muscles and bones from outside invaders, and it helps maintain and regulate body temperature and water balance. It’s also a window to your overall health, and when something is awry with your body, it often shows up in the form of a skin condition. That’s why it’s important to give it extra care and attention every day. While many skin problems can be safely treated from the comfort of your home, others require care from a specialist, otherwise known as a dermatologist.
Proper skin care can minimize acne and help prevent scarring, “The Womenshealth.gov” website offers more suggestions to ensure you’re achieving optimal health for your skin, nails & hair.
- “Wash skin carefully twice per day, and after heavy sweating. Always keep your hands clean.”
- “Wash your face with a gentle cleanser (from the hairline to below the jaw-line). Rinse thoroughly & avoid harsh scrubbing.”
- “Wash your hair daily; and more frequently, if your hair is oily.”
- “Never pick (burst) or squeeze acne blemishes, as that can lead to scarring”
- “Protect or take care to prevent sunburns. Be mindful that some acne medications can make your skin further vulnerable to sunburn.
- “Look for more acne-friendly skin & hair care products. (non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic*)
- *”Avoid sports equipment, backpacks and other items that rub against skin. (particularly in gyms, fitness centers and/or during exercise)
- Non-comedogenic means, it won’t clog skin pores
- Non-acnegenic means, it won’t cause pimples or acne.
Memberships & Associations: